ILNRE: Thinking Of Opening An Independent Real Estate Firm? Jon Flynn Shares His Experiences As The Owner Of A Boutique Firm.
September 19, 2016 | Posted by: The Mortgage Guy Niagara
Jon Flynn is a realtor and the owner of Flynn Real Estate. He had many roles before getting into real estate, but was attracted to the lifestyle of being a realtor. In 2012 he established Flynn Real Estate. Since then he has consistently met clients’ needs by providing quality service and satisfaction in all aspects of residential real estate. Jon talks about what it’s like to own his own boutique firm, and what he does to keep up-to-date with the latest technology and trends.
- [2:13] You should know the rental market; it will make you a well-rounded realtor.
- [6:25] The hardest part of this industry is managing your business.
- [7:22] As a boutique firm, you need to keep up with the latest technology such as drones and cameras.
- [10:00] I spend 1 hour at the property taking pictures, and another hour and a half editing.
- [12:14] Would you consider moving to one of the big real estate brands?
- [13:55] What are the benefits of working as a small boutique firm?
- [15:15] We are an electronic industry now. You need to provide in-home service.
- [16:00] Experience and knowledge are the highest rated attributes that people look for in a realtor.
- [16:30] If you’re disciplined and good with paperwork, opening a boutique firm might be a good fit for you.
- [17:13] How does Niagara’s hot market affect how you generate leads?
- [18:40] A lot of local realtors are pushing back realtors who are coming from out-of-town.
- [19:50] 75% of calls are from people outside of the Niagara area.Contact Jon Flynn